04 Dec What Are My Packing Essentials?
Packing is an art form. What to bring, what kind of bag to use, how much or how little – these are all the things we have to negotiate in the moments before travel. Personally, I believe less is more. Packing light and packing smart can make the difference between an easy trip and a laborious one.
Curious what I don’t leave home without? Read on to learn what’s in my pack. Interested in reading my packing guide? Click here.
Different trips require different gear. Certainly you wouldn’t pack the same thing for two weeks in Paris as you would for two weeks in the woods. But for many, there are pack essentials – things you don’t leave home without. Here are mine, along with a disclaimer …Paris isn’t really my cup of tea.
4. Storm Proof Matches and Magnesium strip
5. Mosquito net
6. First Aid Kit
7. Waterproof shell for pack
9. 2 notebooks, 4 pens
11. 2 cameras, tripod, 50 mm lens, all-purpose zoom lens, polarizer
14. Collapsible cook stove and pot
15. Insulation mat and/or yoga mat
16. Sleeping bag
17. 2.5 pound Backpacking Tent
What can’t you leave home without? Share your travel musts below!